IMS telecom OSS software
The Inventory & Management System (IMS) is a powerful multi-user Operations Support System (OSS) that allows a business to register and manage a wide range of telecommunications networks and platforms in one central location.
IMS can be used across an entire organisation, meaning the needs of and data relating to everyone from the sales team to the technical department and senior management are all being catered for and looked after.
Not only is the telecom asset application effective for network and data management, but it can also result in improved speed and consistency of service delivery and fault handling thanks to enhanced business productivity.
The benefits of IMS are countless and its abilities seemingly never-ending.
Capabilities of IMS
The IMS network asset application allows for a comprehensive, integrated view of a company’s entire networks to be represented in one place, which can then be used for automated delivery and improved communications.
Networks that can be consolidated within the system include:
- Mobile Core, Backhaul and RAN (2G/3G/4G)
- Fiber and subsea cable networks
- Data center / IT networks
In addition, the IMS telecom OSS software has the capacity to carry out a whole host of other tasks, including:
- Automatic configuration via network management interfaces
- Automatic planned work and fault impact analysis
- Capacity management
- Creating unique names for network items – such as location, equipment and connections
- IP address management
- Leased line management
- Management of floor plans
- Network reconciliation with management systems and other elements
- Registration and management of actual and future telecom networks
- Single point of failure calculation
- Subsea cable database and software management
- Vendor and contract management
- Warehouse and spare management
- Workflow and order management
Benefits of IMS
There are numerous benefits to using IMS within a workplace and here at VC4 we offer training sessions and workshops to help you to get the most out of our innovative product.
The many technological benefits of the telecom asset application include:
- It can provide end-to-end views of network services on a cross-platform basis
- Single point of failure calculations result in fewer network outages
- Optimised network capacity management
- Carrying out a complete and accurate asset overview, involving a full life cycle of materials, to represent depreciation and return on investment
- Automatic discovery and synchronisation of live network assets with NMS, EMS and NEs
- The ability to be integrated with other systems, such as alarm and performance management, CRM and GIS
- It supports all network platforms and vendors
- Threshold reporting initiates the ability for a pro-active network build
Aside from these, IMS also allows daily tasks to be performed significantly faster and in a smarter way, which can result in shorter lead times and improved service delivery, in addition to helping firms to save money by carrying out leased line invoice checks.
With everyone in the organisation being able to use the system and easily build new equipment and connections into it, installing this piece of OSS software is only the beginning of your network management journey.
To find out more about how the Inventory & Management System could help your business, please contact us at email@example.com or on +31 72 5621771.