Telecom network location and floor plan management
With VC4-IMS a telecom provider gets an opportunity to correctly manage their telecom network locations. The telecom network location management (or site management) in IMS gives telecom providers all the information about the location and the hierarchy of the location. In addition, floor plans can be managed for each room/space within the building/site.
All of the telecom network locations such as core, access and customer sites, can be registered within the software.
Each one (site, building, room) will have a unique name and corresponding location details, including an address, owner and latitude and longitude.
The hierarchy of network locations
There is a hierarchy that applies to network locations:
- Provinces, States or Regions
- Rooms (with related floor)
Location form information
The location/site form includes data relating to all of the objects that correspond with a specific type, such as:
- General site information
- Connections beginning or ending at a location
- Equipment placed in the location
- DDF, ODF, Patch-Panels in the location
- Location alias names (different names for same location)
- Cabinets/Racks in the location
- Free/available ports in the location
- Geo Maps (to view location in geographical maps)
- Non-telco equipment in the location (aircos, power equipment, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Floor plan
- Any other information, customized to the needs of the operator
Location naming rules
Location naming rules can also be used within IMS to automatically generate location codes, therefore preventing mistakes from being made.
Telecom Floor Plan Solution
Using graphical views, software users can manage the floor space, creating plans for each separate room.
These can include information such as:
- Height and width of floor tiles
- Flexible labeling of the floortiles
- Node/Power/DDF/ODF shelves in the rack/cabinet
- Walls and entrances
- Rotation of objects in floor plan
- Drag and drop functionality
- Zoom in/out functionality
- Extract to PDF
A floorplan in IMS
These examples show a graphical layout of a location and a cabinet/rack that have been opened from the floor plan with equipment placed at different heights within the cabinet.
To learn more about telecom floor management with VC4’s Inventory & Management System, contact one of our team today at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +31 72 5621771.